Hip or knee replacement surgeries are no longer exclusively performed on older persons and are now not uncommon procedures for many patients with persistent, significant hip or knee pain. Good out ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Reiki is a Japanese word representing Universal Life Energy, the energy that is all around us. Reiki, when activated and applied for purposes of healing, addresses body, mind and spirit. It accelerates the body's ability to heal physical ailments and opens the mind and spirit to the causes of disease and pain, the necessity for taking responsibility for one's life and the joys of balanced wellness. The Usui System of Reiki is a natural healing art, which uses Reiki in these ways. This unique system was born out of the experience and dedication of Dr. Makao Usui, a Japanese Christian educator who, in the 1800's, responded to a challenge from his university students by undertaking an extensive study of the healing phenomena of history's greatest spiritual leaders. Through travel, study, research and meditation, he evolved a healing system based on ancient Buddhist teachings written in Sanskrit. He spent the rest of his life practicing and teaching his method of natural healing, which involves attunement to the energy and the laying on of hands.
Reiki uses light hand placement on various parts of the body to channel energy to organs and glands and to align your energy centers. Reiki may be used to facilitate healing of emotional and mental distress, acute or chronic physical problems and for achieving optimum well-being.
* Reiki supports the body's natural ability to heal itself.
* Reiki re-establishes equilibrium and well-being.
* Reiki functions on mental, spiritual, physical and emotional levels.
* Reiki balances the body's energies.
* Reiki releases blocked energy and promotes a state of total relaxation.
* Reiki adjusts itself according to the needs of the recipient.
* Reiki is an extremely pleasant holistic method of healing.
* Reiki is a safe, non-invasive touch.
* Reiki must be experienced to be appreciated.